1. Right click on Computer, and choose PropertiesRight click on Computer, and choose Properties
2. Click on Advanced System Settings, and then under Advanced, click Settings\
3. Select the “Data Execution Protection” tab, and then click “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”
4. Click on the Add button, and then browse to C:\Windows\System32\dllhost.exe as shown
5. Click Open, and then OK.
Your’e done!!! Now it should work fine for you in 99% of the cases.
- If you are using DivX, you should be upgraded to the very latest version 6.5+)
- If you are using Nero, you can try upgrading to the latest version (188.8.131.52+)
- If you’ve upgraded Nero and Divx and still have the problem, you can try renaming the fileC:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax to NeVideo.ax.bak. You may also need to rename NeVideoHD.ax to NeVideoHD.bak. Caution: Nero Showtime will not work anymore
- The older ffdshow codec pack has been known to cause some problems. The ffdshow tryouts codec pack seems to work better. Might want to try using this one: http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/